2013 should be time to take the plunge and optimize your web site for mobile, especially if you sell products online, you have information that people want to access through their mobile device or if you have any type of local business. It is not that you are preparing for the next phase of internet marketing; your customers are already there. Consider these statistics from Google:
- By 2013, more people will use their mobile phones than PCs to get online. (TWEET THIS STAT)
- Mobile searches have grown by 4X since 2012. (TWEET THIS STAT)
- There will be one mobile device for every person on earth by 2015. (TWEET THIS STAT)
You need to catch up because you are turning customers away with a bad mobile experience. Consumers expect their mobile experience to be as good as their desktop experience when they visit your site.
- 66% of company fans are disappointed with a bad mobile website experience. (TWEET THIS STAT)
- 55% say a frustrating mobile website experience hurts their opinion of an overall brand. (TWEET THIS STAT)
- 52% say a bad mobile website experience makes them less likely to engage with a company. (TWEET THIS STAT)
What will happen when your customers have a bad mobile experience? Well, you’ll lose customers.
- 66% find mobile websites through searching on their mobile device. (TWEET THIS STAT)
- 67% say a mobile-friendly site makes them more likely to buy a product or service. (TWEET THIS STAT)
- 61% say if they can’t find what they are looking for on a mobile site they will find another site. (TWEET THIS STAT)
- If a customer using mobile search can’t find what they want they are 5x more likely to give up. (TWEET THIS STAT)
Everybody is talking about mobile apps but most people still prefer to shop on a mobile website.
- 81% prefer mobile web sites to apps when researching prices. (TWEET THIS STAT)
- 79% prefer mobile web sites to apps for product reviews. (TWEET THIS STAT)
- 63% prefer mobile web sites to apps for purchases. (TWEET THIS STAT)
Businesses can drive sales and purchases with a mobile-friendly web site.
- 70% of mobile users have compared product prices on their phones. (TWEET THIS STAT)
- 65% of mobile users have read product reviews on their phones. (TWEET THIS STAT)
- 50% of mobile searches lead to a purchase. (TWEET THIS STAT)
If you are still not convinced take a look at this short video from Google: The Time for Mobile Is Now.
If you are already on a platform like HubSpot or are using a WordPress theme optimized for mobile you may already be set but it would be a good idea to take a closer look at how your site operates for mobile. If you do not have the capability of optimizing your website check out the free mobile landing pages on Google or our mobile website services.